torsdag 23 oktober 2008

It's all about being flexible

Today was a beautiful day, sunny and not too cold. So I decided to take the kids to the lake after I picked them up from school and playschool. We stopped at our house to pick up the snack and were just about to go when Alfred, a friend from the boys' school called and asked if they wanted to play. I could tell that they really wanted to go, so I gave them their snack and off they went.


Lovisa me and Egon set off towards the lake, which is only about a 15 minute (kids)walk from our house.


When we got there, Lovisa wanted to throw some pine cones into the water. She picked a rock and sat down where the water is very shallow.


About two minutes later she had managed to slide right into the water! She got soaked from the waist down. Here she is, telling me that I really should have brought a change of clothes for her "just to be on the safe side". And here I was thinking I was on the safe side when I had her wear her rubber clothes and rubber boots...



Lovisa didn't want to miss out on the snack and I thought some warm blueberry soup would do her good. So we hurried and ate while she still didn't feel cold. As she was sitting there soaking wet eating her sandwich she said she wanted to go for a swim! "Isn't that what you just did?" I asked. "Yes, but that was with all my clothes on!!" she said. That's what she's looking so mad about in case you were wondering. After finishing our snack we hurried home.


The minute she walked in the door, she fell asleep standing up!
Maybe this wasn't my idea of a perfect picnic. But then again, what is perfect?

2 kommentarer:

christa sa...

That is so cute of Lovisa- she's a doll btw. Those are the most beautiful pictures- that Lake is to die for- 15 minutes away!!! I'm jealous. AND can you teach me how to make blueberry soup? that sounds so yummy to me and I've never ever heard of it!! I need to visit Sweden- it's official. Cute pictures!

Helena sa...

Gullunge! Hon är alltför söt, både på insidan och utsidan!