söndag 19 december 2010

Big day for my big boys


Alvin and Ivar turned 8 on November 29th, and on December 4th they were baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The boys had been looking forward to it for months and when the day finally came they were so excited! And I was too!

Since I'm the first in my family to be baptized into the Church, I was so happy that my sons made that same decision. On Jens' side of the family, our children are the fifth generation of Church members. And now there is a second generation on my side as well. That is pretty special!

What made it all even better was my family being able to come. My mom and Folke, my dad and my sister Merit and her family all came to witness the big event. None of them were able to be there when I was baptized almost 13 years ago, so having them there meant a lot to me.

The program was beautiful and the Spirit was so strong. When it was time for the actual baptisms, Alvin stepped into the water first, since he is 13 minutes older than his brother. Ivar stood by the funt and watched as his brother was baptized by his father. Then it was Ivar's turn and Alvin sat on the edge of the funt while he was baptized. Egon thought the ceremony was so funny, he laughed the whole time...
The boys were then confirmed by their father and welcomed into the church by the Bishop, who is also their father's cousin!



It was a day our family will always remember.

3 kommentarer:

Aleesa sa...

YAY!! Plus they're famous because their picture was in the Liahona October conference report!

Good for you and your family, Toini.

Aleesa

christa sa...

Congratulations boys!!! That's so neat Toini! What an awesome experience it is to watch your own little "investigators" choose to join his fold. I'm happy for you! And your family!

Andrew sa...

I told my parents about it, and my dad told the whole family at Christmas. He told me that he used your story as an example in his high counsel talk about missionary work. Every time I think about your family, I recall standing under a tree in the pouring rain in Lurgan, N. Ireland (a couple months after I moved from Dublin) thinking to myself, "What am I doing?" Years later, I am thankful for your decision, and your continued faithfulness.