tisdag 16 september 2008

Monday morning date


Since Jens is studying right now, he can be a little bit flexible with his time. So we decided to go on a Monday morning date. After the boys had gone to school, we dropped off Lovisa and Egon at Grandma's and Grandpa's and went on a 32 km bike ride together. Jens has been doing road racing since last April and I started a couple of weeks ago. I have a disc disruption in my lower back so I have had a hard time finding a form of exercise that works for me. It seems like road racing does. And it's fun too!

Background story: There is a family in our Church ward who lost their five year old son and older brother Magnus to kidney cancer 30 years ago. The last couple of years of his life, Magnus loved to ride his bike. Last winter the family felt they wanted to do something to commemorate their son and brother. So they decided to start a road racing team - Team Magnus, a team that raises money for cancer research under the slogan :"Cycling for Life". Now more than 40 people at all levels, including Jens and myself, have joined the team.

1 kommentar:

Jens sa...

Du ser proffsig ut, älskling!